When is the best time to begin orthodontics?
- American Association of Orthodontists suggests 7 as a good age to begin evaluation
- At this age the permanent first molars and front teeth are usually present
- We can determine if the patient is damaging the teeth or the tissue or has a skeletal problem. We will address any concerns of the patient or parent
Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment
If needed, early treatment can —
- Create extra room for crowded teeth
- Help facial symmetry by influencing jaw growth
- Reduce risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Reduce the need to extract permanent teeth
- Reduce overall time in braces and improve results
What is Early Orthodontic Treatment?
- Perhaps a partial set of braces
- An appliance to create more space
- An appliance to save the space we already have
We will assure all the facial structures are in the proper position and the teeth situated perfectly within them. The REWARD is to gently provide the best smile and bite possible in the least amount of time.